So: one egg – 64 calories + cucumber – 16 cal + buckwheat porridge – 138 cal. What about compote? Agree, sitting and counting by hand or on a calculator how much you ate in a day, week, month is long and inconvenient. Ideally, if someone else does it for you, for example, a convenient, simple and functional program.
You can choose from the top 10 calorie counting apps with additional chips, which are reviewed below.
To cook quickly and tasty: How to choose a multi-oven: 3 tips
We set a goal and go to it with the help of an intuitive application that can be downloaded and installed in a couple of seconds from Google Play on a smart tablet. XBodyBuild will help you solve three problems at once: gaining, losing or maintaining weight.
What is interesting in it:
- Individual settings for the correct determination of the daily calorie intake. It is necessary to set the following parameters: gender, age, height, current and desired body weight, user’s level of physical activity (sedentary work, whether he plays sports, etc.).
- It is easy to add products by entering the name of the dish or a separate fruit or vegetable in the search for the desired section: their calorie content will already be calculated in the system.
- There are nutrition statistics, which show how much the user consumed per day, week, month, which dish was the fattest, where there were most proteins and carbohydrates.
In addition to the meal plan, you can create a training schedule by selecting exercises, for example, for the muscles of the legs or abdomen.
A convenient option for those who use Android gadgets, and for owners of “apple” devices. The application can be installed on a device with any OS.
The main features of MyFitnessPal:
- If there is news from friends, to motivate yourself by looking at what like-minded people have achieved, copy, if you like, their menu. In the privacy settings, the user can allow/prohibit viewing data. You can chat with a person, send him pictures.
- You can keep a diary where you write down everything you eat: progress is displayed in the form of a diagram, as well as photos that you can add here and see how the figure has changed over a certain period of time.
- The “Nutrition” section clearly displays how many proteins, fats and carbohydrates are in your diet.
- To add a product, you can scan the barcode on the package or manually enter the name and composition of the yummy, there is a quick search in the system. Meals are conveniently divided into breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
There are ideas for the menu here, however, the recipes in the section of the same name are only in English.
For neat slices: How to choose a slicer: 12 tips
Calorie Counter by Lose It!
The application is not only for calculating BJU (proteins, fats, carbohydrates), but also tracking the consumption of macronutrients, water, sugar. In the electronic journal, you can record breakfasts, lunches and dinners, add exercises, set reminders.
- set up your own weight loss or calorie plan for weight gain, taking into account the size and activity of the user;
- scan a product or a barcode on it to quickly add it to your diet;
- synchronize in one place all your fitness stuff, for example, trackers, applications, smart scales, for example, such SBS6015WH;
- send messages to friends and follow their progress.
Please note that the program has a 7-day trial period, after which you will either need to delete it or pay for a year of use.
This counter can be installed on Android and iOS gadgets, including Apple Watch.
The main features of Fatsikret:
- By going to the main page, you can scroll the news feed, which displays posts by other users with pictures of yourself, food, you can leave comments.
- Food for each day is added to the personal diary, a summary of already consumed and remaining calories is kept.
- You can take photos of food and dishes, and the application will determine them for easier addition to the meal plan.
- The report shows how many calories and macronutrients were consumed and for what period.
Conveniently, there are several options for adding products: own and user recipes, search for food in the system, recently consumed or saved food.
For healthy food: How to choose the right steamer-blender: which one is better – 4 tips
It will help you keep control over your diet with the help of calorie charts, detailed reports, and a planner.
- 3.5 million product database, which is regularly updated so that users can find and add any goodies and health benefits to their diet;
- you can track calories burned, add workouts, choose a diet for yourself, for example, vegetarian;
- there are demos of popular cardio and strength training so that you can combine PP (healthy nutrition) with physical activity.
Info articles from trainers and nutritionists will help you learn more about maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
If you are interested in which calorie counter to choose with a full count of all nutrients, here it is – “Cronometer”. This is the best option for tracking what you get and what is missing in the diet.
Additional app features:
- the “Recipe” function, which allows you to add ingredients and save dishes;
- contains information on how many of which nutrients are contained in the food consumed;
- recommends foods to fill nutritional gaps;
- you can start an intermittent fasting timer that helps you lose or maintain weight without harm to the body.
The application has an extensive community with which you can communicate, consult, receive comments and leave your own.
The service is in English. Installation on mobile gadgets and Apple laptops is supported.
Nutritionix (Track — Calorie Counter)
A simple and convenient option for counting calories. Despite the fact that the interface is in English, you can figure it out in a few minutes.
Pros of Nutritionix:
- Convenient division of meals for breakfast, lunch, lunch, dinner and snacks. Separately, there is a “Water” item, which allows you to monitor the sufficient fluid intake.
- Quick addition of food: just type in the desired component in the search (we write in English), and the system will offer options with pictures. You can add photos from your tablet, smart phone, or other device to your menu.
- Statistics will show the change in body shape by day and month, you only need to select a specific date in the calendar.
The application shows not only calories, but also the nutritional value of any ingredient, you just need to click on the “i” icon next to it.
For connoisseurs of deliciously prepared coffee: TOP 10 best automatic coffee machines for home: rating from MOYO.UA
Before starting work, he will ask you to clarify the goal: for example, lose weight or build muscle. Based on data about the weight, height and activity of the user, the system will offer a plan. This is a great option for beginners.
Carb Manager allows you to:
- it is ideal to calculate that calorie restriction is at its maximum, but does not go on a hunger strike;
- choose a delicious and simple recipe from the existing extensive database;
- create a grocery plan, what to cook for the coming weeks, create a shopping list based on records.
Here it is easy to track not only what he eats, but how much water he drinks, how actively the user goes in for sports. The assistant is easy to set up and enter your own macro tracking recipes.
The application is currently only available in English and works with an Internet connection.
The most simple interface with the basic functionality necessary for everyone who maintains the form.
- a convenient list of both individual products and ready-made meals with calories and photos;
- you can fill in the “My food” section with individual preferences;
- it is possible to leave your notes;
- you can add products by barcode from the packaging;
- the “Statistics” section displays data on weight, drinking regimen, and it is also possible to analyze the diet in the pro version.
There is an extensive database of recipes with a detailed description of the nutritional value of the ingredients, the method of preparation.
It is one of the best apps that can be used for calorie counting, intermittent fasting, PN program, and as a database of healthy recipes.
- the system tells you how many calories to consume, drink water and take steps per day, based on the goal;
- you can add sports exercises that will be taken into account when creating an individual nutrition plan;
- in your personal profile, you can set tests for yourself: for example, no chocolate or fast food for at least 21 days;
- daily tips from the app: for example, reduce the amount of oil for today and add more raw vegetables to the diet.
Additional features are available in the Pro version, for example, more accurate measurements of the body, not only weight, but also in centimeters of the waist, hips, muscle mass, blood glucose levels.
Finally, a brief infa about the food trackers presented above:
|XBodyBuild||23/no||Android 4.1 and up|
|MyFitnessPal||69/145,1||Android 8.0 and up|
|iOS 13.0 or later|
|Calorie Counter by Lose It!||Varies by device/191.7||Varies by device/iOS 13.0 or later|
|FatSecret||Varies by device/73.9||Varies by device/iOS 11.0 or later|
|SparkPeople||Varies by device/163.5||Device dependent / iOS 8.0 or later|
|Cronometer||29/61,9||Android 5.0 and above / iOS 11.0 or above|
|Nutritionix (Track — Calorie Counter)||16/26,8||Android 5.1 and above / iOS 11.0 or above|
|Carb Manager||26/38,3||Android 7.1 and above/iOS 13.0 or above|
|LYING||Varies by device/108.2||Varies by device/iOS 12.2 or later|
|Dine4Fit||Varies by device/89.4||Varies by device/iOS 13.0 or later|
You won’t know which calorie counting app is best until you test at least a couple of options. In this rating, each program has both free features and a premium version. You will need to create an account and complete a short survey at the beginning of working with the application. Then we set up the assistant for ourselves and achieve our goals: losing weight, drying, building mass, etc.
Useful info: How to make a fruit dryer from the refrigerator: a visual aid