The latest batch of rumors about the iPhone 14 once again confirms the elimination of the mini model and reveals the body colors for all upcoming devices. As mentioned earlier, there will be four smartphones:
- iPhone 14 and 14 Max: green, magenta, blue, black, white and red.
- iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max: green, magenta, silver, gold and graphite.
The data is provided by an insider who previously predicted the appearance of the iPhone 13 unlock function only in the eyes of the user – in a mask.
The same source confirms the emergence of Always-On Display for lock screen widgets and 30W fast wired charging in Pro versions. True, this power will be available only in the first stages of recharge, after which it will decrease to 27-25 watts.
Other details from an insider:
- The A16 processor will be based on the same 5nm process technology as the A15. It will only provide a small performance boost.
- Memory options will be the same as in the current line
- Pro-version displays will indeed get holes instead of notches, and software will change for them.
- The MagSafe magnets are getting a bit more powerful, and the new MagSafe battery is getting bigger and heavier.
- Apple tested a titanium variant of the iPhone 14 Pro, but it didn’t make it past the prototype stage.
Another source from Korea says that Apple will not change the price of the base iPhone 14 to compensate for lower demand amid a slowdown in the global smartphone market. Like the iPhone 13, it will be sold at a price of $799 (≈49,000 rubles at the current exchange rate).
At the same time, the refusal of the mini-version deprives buyers of the opportunity to buy a model from the new line for $699. Now it is the basic version that will be the most affordable solution. And the larger iPhone 14 Max will cost $100 more.