Well-known Bloomberg insider and journalist Mark Gurman said that at the presentation on September 7, Apple will show not only the iPhone 14 line and several variants of the Apple Watch, but also the new generation of AirPods Pro.
Almost simultaneously with this information, fresh CAD renderings of the headphone charging case appeared on the Web. Judging by the images, the accessory may have holes for a speaker, a microphone and an eyelet for attaching a strap.
The renders don’t identify a power connector, but sources suggest the case will stay with Lightning this year, and Apple’s final switch to USB-C will come with the iPhone 15 next year.
What else is known about the headphones:
- In terms of design, the “gags” themselves will hardly change – there will be no transition to a more compact form factor.
- The headphones will receive an upgraded H2 chip to improve sound quality and will be able to work without recharge for longer.
- The new charging case will receive support for the search function using the “Locator”.
- There will be a voice enhancement function that will be useful for people with mild to moderate hearing impairments.
- They will add support for the Bluetooth LE Audio specification, which will allow you to simultaneously connect to multiple devices, such as iPhone and Mac.
We are waiting for the announcement on September 7th. If all the rumors are true, then there will be a lot of new products at the presentation.