Electric bikes are no longer considered slow: there are even models that got into the Guinness Book. About what types of electric bikes exist and how fast they are, we tell in the article.
How fast can an e-bike go?
There are different types of electric bikes: they are divided according to the degree of assistance to the pedals. Pedaling support is usually specified in km/h.
- The first range – with assistance to pedals up to 25 km / h. This means that you will only get electric motor support when you are driving below 25 km/h.
- The next level also keeps the engine running while you pedal. In this case, the speed can be already 45 km / h. So while you are driving at speeds up to 45 km/h, the engine gives you extra support.
- At the next stage, this is no longer possible: speeds up to 70 km / h are achieved regardless of how fast you pedal. A lot of power requires “its place” – because of this, fast bikes often look very awkward.
- The fastest models can reach speeds of up to 100 km/h. They could be driven on the highway if that were allowed.
The fastest electric bikes
Of course, you need to be very brave to move at such speeds, because an electric bike does not have the same security system as a car. Therefore, in Russia it is impossible to accelerate on an electric bike above 25 km/h. Also in the Eurozone (and Russia) there is a limit on engine power of 250 watts. More powerful bikes are considered a vehicle – and riding them requires a driver’s license.
What electric bikes can be considered the fastest? Here are a couple of models:
- Let’s start the review with the Stromer ST5 electric bike. With a 850 W motor, this model reaches speeds of around 45 km/h. The range is 180 km. These characteristics are achieved by a 1000 Wh battery.
- In second place is the model of the Swiss manufacturer Blue XTR SPECIALE 3.0 S, which can reach speeds of up to 65 km / h. In 2019, the same manufacturer released an electric bike marked RSR 2.2, which is equipped with a motor with a power of up to 10,000 W!
- One of the fastest electric bikes is the Neematic model with a top speed of 100 km/h. It will not work on the roads – its engine power is 28 kW. Another super powerful bike, the Blacktrail model, is equipped with a less powerful 7 kW motor, but can also reach speeds of up to 100 km/h.
- Solid state batteries: all information about the new technology=”content_internal_link”>
- What is the difference between 4G and 4G+ – explain in simple terms = “content_internal_link”>