Android: how to save text to clipboard
To save text to the clipboard, do the following:
- Tap and hold on the piece of text you want to copy. Two marks will appear, limiting the copy area.
- Move one mark to the beginning and the second to the end of the desired passage of text.
- Click Copy. The text will be saved to the clipboard.
To paste text, hold your finger in the desired part of the text field for some time, and then click “Paste” in the menu that appears. The copied text will be pasted at the selected location.
If your phone is not rooted, there is no other way to pull information from the clipboard. However, if you have root access, you will find the contents of the clipboard in a folder at Android – Data – Clipboard.
Using and editing multiple clipboards on Android
Usually you can use only one clipboard on tablets and smartphones with the Android operating system – in other words, when you copy new text, the previous one is deleted from memory.
However, this does not apply to all Android devices. Some of them have a separate menu on the keyboard, which stores the last few copied entries. Just look on the edge of the keyboard for an image of a gear or a tablet folder and check if there is a Clipboard item among the settings.
If this feature is not available on your device, you can get it by installing an additional buffer management app. For example, Clipper Plus: Clipboard Manager automatically saves all the texts you copy.
Download Clipper Plus: Clipboard Manager=”content_internal_link”>
Thus, you can access the content from the clipboard even weeks later.
- How to recover a formatted hard drive?=”content_internal_link”>
- Hands hurt after working at a computer: what to do with tunnel syndrome = “content_internal_link”>